Tuesday 19 February 2008

Dynamic or What?

Taking a slightly different tack today. I notice that Martyne has been a bit sluggish with her posts recently. No doubt she has been paying more attention to the lovely Hester than she has to her blog. Whatever the reason, I am going to scoop her.


About ten days ago Martyne and Hester visited the Royal Scottish Museum. It is the largest one in Edinburgh and would take you days to see all the exhibits. They spent an afternoon there and only saw a small fraction of them.

My main interest in their visit was the trains. When I was a small boy father used to take me to the "Hall of Power". There were lots of locomotives in glass cases and when you pressed a button they were set in motion. I still love that today. Haven't been to the museum for a long time but the girl's (I use the word loosely) visit has prompted me to consider going there sometime soon.






The above beauty poses a couple of questions (thanks for the pictures sis). She must weigh 50 tons or more. How did they move her a floor above ground level in the middle of a building, and how did she get through the doors in the first place?

Back to my usual fare. This box is Victorian, and as you can see, it has the crenalated top which is common to a few monarchs.

Martyne has emptied this one before and it can be full of postcards in the summer because there is a large hotel nearby.



Because Martyne has to spend a couple of hours at Wolverhampton station on Monday morning waiting for a train she has bought cheap tickets for, she can take lots of pictures of train names for me. She protests, but I think she is secretly happy to have something to do to while away the time.



Marco Polo is a new train to her, but Willem Barents is almost a nemesis. She has tried to take pictures twice but the camera has been mucking her about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.