Sunday 6 January 2008

Gone and Done It


Hi, and welcome to my new blog. After months of pestering by Martyne (not sure why she feels the need to spell it Marteen these days. Mater and Pater are not best pleased) I have set this thing up.

I have been trying to reintroduce my sister to the concept of paragraphs, but it is an uphill struggle. She just seems to ramble on with no obvious structure to her writing.

My first regular feature is "Pillar Boxes I have Known". I am hoping Martyne will take lots of pictures for me at her work, and I say thank you to her for the one featured here.

This a fine example of a Victorian box so it must date between 1837 and 1901. Sorry I can't be more precise. It is located in South Queensferry, near Edinburgh. You may recognise the two bridges in the background. Unfortunately I have to go out soon so they will have to wait for another time. Also, more pillar boxes in the near future. It's so exciting, isn't it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robert I love the pretty picture, Martyne can be so persausive at times, she keeps trying to get me to do a blog but I keep telling her I can't work the compooter properly.
Am I first to send you a comment? How exciting

Bob the Bloger said...

Thanks Hester. I know you make Martyne very happy so I am glad you have chosen to visit me. I hope my blog is not too nerdy for you. There are people who play chess online but I am not that sad. Did you know that there is a town in Western Australia called Hester. It is 7km north of Bridgetown on the railway. Just thought you might like to know.