Wednesday 30 January 2008

Another Post (Box)

This is a pretty familiar style of pillar box. Like a lot of others it is difficult to date. I am sure it is either George V, Edward VIII (unlikely) or George VI. The GPO of the time were a bit remiss at dating their boxes. I still have at least one Victorian one to share with you. There are some more modern ones I want to show but that can wait until a later date. I believe Hester is responsible for this image but I am going to take more of my own now that I have a camera. I am sure Martyne will also be taking more of her own stuff now that she has one as well. I hope I will get more informed comment and less girly talk than I did on my last post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way the pillar box sits nicely in the hedge not intruding onto the pavement too much at all. A rather fine picture if I may say.

Bob the Bloger said...

Yes Hester, it is a fine image. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

It is a fine image indeed. I'm looking forward to many more in your series