Sunday 13 January 2008

Trains and More Trains

No pictures this time although I hope to add one in a later post. Because little sister and her "friend" Hester have been doing a lot of train travel recently I have asked them to note their names, the trains that is. As far as I know all Virgin trains are named in the same way that locomotives were in the old days.


Normally these names follow a theme but I can't see much of a trend in the ones I have got so far.


The first was Yuri Gagarin. He was the first astronaut/cosmonaut to encircle the earth.



The next is William Baffin. He gave his name to Baffin Island in Canada.



The next one I was told was August Babbin. I spent half an hour checking out Wikipedia before I was told that I had been given a made up surname.

I am sure the girls found it funny but I was a bit upset.

It was actually August Piccard, a Swiss man of science.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Robert, Martyne and I found the idea of a made up name hilarious, especially me. I know it was cruel but very funny, I'm still giggling at the joke now.

Bob the Bloger said...

I can't understand why you and my sister find certain things so funny. I could have used the time much more profitably. Like setting up a homepage for my cat, or something similarly important. Since it's you Hester, I will make an allowance, but don't make a habit of it please.

Anonymous said...

We were just trying to nudge your sense of humour back into action.
Sometimes you are far too serious.
We weren't trying to upset you. You know what we girls are like when we get together.